Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
We are always interested in discussing this opportunity and looking for talented developers with solid inquisitive, design and problem solving skills, expertise with high-performance applications. We need our engineers to be versatile, display authority and team collaboration qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Work on both server-side and client-side development for a variety of exciting n-tier enterprise projects.
- Design and develop code, put it into action and support projects on the application level.
- You’ll be responsible for coding from the very beginning until production environment, collaborating in an international and inclusive environment.
- Write, maintain and document unit and integration tests, and write up new and modified functionality.
- Regularly examine and review the code crafted by fellow visionaries to make sure it’s always spot-on.
- Work closely with Technical Leads and Architects to make our software design and quality unbeatable.
- You will be building, owning and running applications.
- You will be also operating, observing and learning to make it better.
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrated back-end skills,(multithreading, OOP, etc.) and/or strong front-end skills.
- Good understanding of web based applications (HTTP protocol, Web Servers, Caching, etc.).
- Good testing practices (unit, component and E2E testing).
- Understanding of the data modelling.
- Agile approach to development.
- Continuous integrations tools.
- Positive, growth mindset and creativity while problem solving.
- Collaborative, team player attitude and good communication skills in English.
- Curiosity to learn new languages/frameworks.
What you'll work with:
- Java – latest version.
- Web development (JS/Angular).
- Web services (REST).
- Spring boot, Spring cloud.
- Build tools (Maven, NPM, Webpack) as well as version control systems (Git).
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, Jasmine, JBehave and Selenium) and testing practices, contract testing.
- Apache Cassandra and Elasticsearch.
- Messaging (RabbitMQ).
- Concurrent programming and threading.
- Optimizing and turning not-so-cool technologies into fancy stuff.
What's in it for you:
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at the innovative, value-driven global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
- Global work experience in agile methodology.
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!).
- Attractive salary and flexible benefits package (incl. medical insurance for you and your family, life insurance, free language classes).
- Playful, accessible office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city centre and a range of workplace perks.
- Flexible working hours and ways of working, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities every day.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle down in Spain (if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Flexibility of working from home or in the office to stay both safe and collaborative.
- Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons, Designatons, and even Referathons!
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.
Sounds good? Then we’d love to hear from you!